Welcome to the Jaeger-LeCoultre e-boutique where You will find a choice of Jaeger-LeCoultre products that have been specially selected for those of Our customers in Japan who would like to shop online via the Jaeger-LeCoultre Website identified by the domain name www.jaeger-lecoultre.com (the “Website”) or by telephone through the customer contact center of Jaeger-LeCoultre (the “Client Relation Center”).
Vendor : RICHEMONT JAPAN LIMITED, Jaeger-LeCoultre Division
Person in charge of online sales : Tsutomu Komine
Address ： Hanzomon First Building 1-4 Kojimachi, Chiyoda Ku, Tokyo 102-0083
Client Relations Center
Telephone ： 0120-79-1833 available 11:00-19:00 except during year end and beginning of year
Email ： concierge_japan@jaeger‐lecoultre.com
All online shopping transactions with Jaeger-LeCoultre through the Jaeger-LeCoultre e-boutique are subject to the following Conditions of Sale ("Conditions") which contain important information about ordering Jaeger-LeCoultre products, payment and delivery.
In these Conditions, references made to "We", “Us” and “Our” mean the Jaeger-LeCoultre Division of Richemont Japan Ltd (“Jaeger-LeCoultre”), 1-4 Kojimachi, Chiyoda Ku, Tokyo 102-0083 Japan, and "You” and “Your” mean You, one of the Jaeger-LeCoultre e-boutique customers.
1.REGISTRATION AND ON-LINE ACCOUNT
- 1.1. To place an order through the Jaeger-LeCoultre e-boutique, You will need to register and open an online account, unless You choose the “Guest checkout” on the Website. You must be over 20 years old and lawfully capable of entering into and forming a valid contract in accordance with Japanese law.
- 1.3. Furthermore, upon registration, You will be asked to choose a password and account login. You are responsible for ensuring that Your password and account login are kept secret, safe and secure at all times. Jaeger-LeCoultre will not be held responsible for any misuse of Your account in the event that a third party has access to and uses Your password and account login in any way.
- 1.4. You represent and warrant that the information You provide is correct. Access to Your online account details is provided on the Website so that You can ensure that Your information is always updated and valid. The Client Relation Center is available to assist, should You require any help.
- 1.5. If You are ordering by telephone through the Client Relation Center, the aforementioned processes will be handled for You by a Jaeger-LeCoultre Advisor.
2.PLACING YOUR ORDER
- 2.1. You may browse the product pages of the Website or contact the Client Relation Center and a Jaeger-LeCoultre Advisor will provide You with further information as to product availability and assist You with Your purchase.
- 2.2. From time to time, Jaeger-LeCoultre will add or remove some of its product(s) to ensure that the online offer reflects its new collections of products, as well as some other existing products that have been manufactured in only one original piece. Whilst We endeavour to ensure the availability of Our products, We cannot guarantee that all product(s) will be in stock.
- 2.3. If You choose to pay by Cash on Delivery the total amount of Your order may not exceed 1,000,000 Yen through the Client Relation Center. Products are offered for sale exclusively to end-user customers with a postal address in Japan and may not be bought for commercial re-sale. Jaeger-LeCoultre reserves both the right to refuse orders placed by You and to terminate Your account in the event of breach or suspected breach of this condition.
- 2.4. All prices shown in the Jaeger-LeCoultre e-boutique are in Japanese Yen including the consumption tax (national and local). Delivery costs are complimentary.
2.5. Complimentary Services
The following complimentary services will be proposed, free of charge, on the Website or by the Client Relation Center:
• All packages are systematically delivered gift wrapped, with the Jaeger-LeCoultre box or special packaging.
Engraving is available on specific items If You wish to have Your Jaeger-LeCoultre product engraved, You may do so with respect to certain products by contacting the Client Relation Center where a Jaeger-LeCoultre Advisor will assist You. Please note that Jaeger-LeCoultre will not exchange or refund products which have been engraved, modified or personalized. Jaeger-LeCoultre also reserves the right to withhold acceptance of any order for engraved products that contain language that is objectionable, unlawful or contrary to Jaeger-LeCoultre policies.
- • Watch metal bracelet adjustment is available by contacting the Client Relation Center. This service is provided free of charge up to three links (except diamond links) and depending on stock availability. Please contact the Client Relation Center for more information. If You require a watch bracelet adjustment, the removed links will be included in the delivery package and You must return the exact same number of links in case of return according to these Conditions.
- • You may personalize Your order by adding a gift note printed by Jaeger-LeCoultre containing Your message. Jaeger-LeCoultre reserves the right to refuse printing any gift note that contains language that is objectionable, unlawful or contrary to Jaeger-LeCoultre policies.
- • All packages are systematically delivered gift wrapped, with the Jaeger-LeCoultre box or special packaging.
- 2.6. If You are ordering by telephone through the Client Relation Center, the aforementioned processes will be handled by a Jaeger-LeCoultre Advisor.
- 3.1. On placing an order the Client Relation Center, You are making an offer to Us to purchase the products selected in accordance with these Conditions. Once Your order has been submitted through the Client Relation Center, Jaeger-LeCoultre will send You an acknowledgement of receipt of Your order (“Order Acknowledgement”).
- 3.2. Following anti-fraud and credit check clearance, another e-mail will be sent confirming Your order and informing You of the shipment date of Your order (“Order Confirmation”). The sale is concluded at the time this e-mail is sent.
- 3.3. We reserve the right not to accept Your order for any reason in Our discretion. Such non-acceptance may result, for example, from the fact that the product ordered is out of stock or that We are unable to obtain authorisation for Your payment or that You do not meet the terms of eligibility as set out in Article 1 above or, in the case of payment by Cash on Delivery, Your order exceeds 1,000,000 Yen.
- 3.4. Furthermore, We retain the express right not to process an order at any time in Our sole discretion for whatever reason. In this event, We will not be liable to You or any third party by reason of Our not accepting Your order. You will be informed if Your order is not accepted.
- 3.5. Without prejudice to Your other rights mentioned in these Conditions of Sale, You may modify Your order before payment and cancel it before shipment, but not afterwards.
In principle, We accept three forms of payment:
- • Credit Cards
- • Bank Transfer, forstandard delivery (but not express);
- • Cash on Delivery (Daibiki) for standard delivery (but not for express delivery), up to a limit of 1,000,000 Yen (including consumption tax). Cash on delivery is not available for products that are engraved.
- 4.1. Credit Cards. We accept the following major payment cards only: MasterCard and Visa, JCB (), American Express and Diners. You confirm that You are the legitimate holder of the payment card and that Your details are correct. All payments and cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer.
- 4.2. Additional checks may be made with anti-fraud services. If the issuer of Your payment card refuses to authorise Your payment to Jaeger-LeCoultre, We will not be able to process Your order and will therefore refuse it.
- 4.3. By making an offer to purchase products, You hereby expressly authorise Jaeger-LeCoultre and/or its online service partners to perform additional checks for Us and, should it appear necessary, obtain additional information required to process Your order efficiently. Information received or sent to NTT Data Corporation, credit card companies or their processing agents may include, but is not limited to, Your name, delivery address, telephone number, e-mail, credit card details, bank information etc. This may be necessary to authenticate Your identity, to validate Your payment card, to obtain an initial payment card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
- 4.4. Jaeger-LeCoultre takes all reasonable care to make the Jaeger-LeCoultre Client Relation Center as secure as possible. All payment card transactions made through the Client Relation Center are processed by NTT Data Corporation using their secure online payment gateway CAFIS BlueGate that encrypts Your card details in a secure hosting environment.
- 4.5. Your payment card details are held securely by NTT Data Corporation, and are not held by Jaeger-LeCoultre or on the Website server. However, if You choose to make Your order by telephone through the Client Relation Center, then Your telephone call will be recorded for security reasons and these details together with the personal information You provide will be retained by Jaeger-LeCoultre for a period of one (1) year.
- 4.6. Bank Transfer. If You wish to pay by Bank Transfer for standard delivery (but not express), We will send the necessary Jaeger-LeCoultre bank account details to You by email. There is usually a small bank charge for processing bank transfers which will be payable by You directly to Your bank.
- 4.7. If You pay by Bank Transfer, Your order will only be confirmed once We have received payment.
- 4.8. If payment is not received by Jaeger-LeCoultre within 5 (five) business days from the time of placing Your order, Jaeger-LeCoultre reserves the right to cancel Your order.
- 4.9. If We receive Your payment by Bank Transfer and are unable to deliver Your order within one Week following the receipt of Your Payment, We will send You a notification by e-mail, informing You of the receipt of the payment and the estimated date of delivery (“Pre-payment notification”). 。
- 4.10. Cash on Delivery. Cash on Delivery payment (Daibiki) is available for standard delivery (but not for express delivery), up to a limit of 1,000,000 Yen (including consumption tax). Cash on Delivery is not available for products that are engraved. Should You choose Cash on Delivery, We will arrange to have Your order delivered by Our carrier, Sagawa Express Co., Ltd. (“Sagawa”). 。
- 4.11. You will be required to pay in cash at the time Your order is delivered or arrange for someone to be present to make the payment on Your behalf (please see Delivery details below). Sagawa will not accept credit or debit card payments for Cash on Delivery.
- 4.12. If You are unable to pay for the order at the time of delivery, then either Sagawa may try to deliver again the next day or You should arrange a new delivery time with Sagawa.
- 5.1. We will employ all reasonable care to ensure that details of Your order and payment are held securely. However, We cannot be held liable for any loss You may suffer if a third party accesses Your personal information when accessing or ordering by telephone through the Client Relation Center or on Our data servers, despite the security measures We implemented. We cannot be held liable either for any loss You may suffer if a third party accesses Your personal information on Your own computer. Although We employ all reasonable care to ensure that appropriate technology is used to secure Your orders, We cannot be held liable for any defects in any technology used.
- 5.2. You will ensure that the Personal Information You provide by e-mail will not contain any computer viruses or anything else designed to interfere with or disrupt the normal operating procedures of the Jaeger-LeCoultre e-boutique or in any other way compromise the effectiveness or functionality of the Website in any way.
6. DELIVERIES AND INSURANCE
6.1. General conditions. We only accept orders for delivery to addresses in Japan. Jaeger-LeCoultre insures each purchase until it is delivered to You. You will be asked to sign for any product(s) delivered, at which point all responsibility and risks for Your purchased product(s) pass to You. For security reasons, Jaeger-LeCoultre will store a record of Your transactions for a minimum period of five (5) years.
Please note that according to these Conditions of Sale and until further notification, the costs of delivery are complimentary for any order placed with Jaeger-LeCoultre.
- 6.2. Standard delivery. Delivery costs, if any, are charged by Us to You in addition to the price of the products themselves.
- 6.3. For Standard Delivery, Jaeger-LeCoultre currently uses Sagawa as courier service to deliver Our products. Your order will be shipped once it has been fully processed. We do not provide for partial shipments.
- 6.4. We will use Our reasonable efforts to ensure the delivery to You within three (3) business days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) following acceptance of Your order, unless You have requested that the products ordered be engraved or shipped to a remote area of Japan, in which case delivery may take a few additional days, or be delivered at a later date for a specific reason. Credit checks may be a further cause of delay.
- 6.5. Jaeger-LeCoultre does not deliver to hotels or PO Boxes.
- 6.6. The delivery times shown above are based on Sagawa expected transit times but cannot be guaranteed.
- 6.7. Product(s) will be delivered to the delivery address as shown in Your order.
- 6.8. As per Article 3.2, You will receive an e-mail confirming the acceptance of Your order and notifying You of the date of shipment. For standard delivery, You will be able to track the shipment of Your order online through the Sagawa Website available at http://www.sagawa-exp.co.jp/ or by calling the Client Relation Center and using Your unique tracking number.
- 6.9. You will need to ensure that You are present or arrange for someone to be present on Your behalf at the given delivery address to sign for and take delivery of the order when it is delivered.
- 6.10. In the event that Sagawa is unable to deliver the order due to the fact that no one can take delivery of the order at the place of delivery, Sagawa will attempt delivery again.
- 6.11. However, if after one week Sagawa is still unable to deliver the order, then it may be returned to Us
- 6.12. Whatever delivery method You have chosen, if You are not at home at the time of delivery and/or do not get in touch with the Client Relation Center, Your transaction will be automatically cancelled one month after the first attempt to deliver. In the event of cancellation, You will be advised by Jaeger-LeCoultre.
- 6.13. Express Delivery (Urgent). We provide an express delivery service using Yamato Transport Co, Ltd. This service is not available if You have requested that the products ordered be engraved. This service is available to residents of Tokyo 23 wards only. Customers will receive delivery on the next working day (except for Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) following acceptance of the order.
- 6.14. Same day delivery. We provide same day delivery service using auto-bike service. This service is not available if You have requested that the products ordered be engraved. This service is available only to residents in the 23 wards of Tokyo and provided that You place the order before 12:00. Customers will receive delivery on the same working day (except on Saturdays, Sundays and National Holidays) following acceptance of the order.
- 6.1. General conditions. We only accept orders for delivery to addresses in Japan. Jaeger-LeCoultre insures each purchase until it is delivered to You. You will be asked to sign for any product(s) delivered, at which point all responsibility and risks for Your purchased product(s) pass to You. For security reasons, Jaeger-LeCoultre will store a record of Your transactions for a minimum period of five (5) years.
7. RETURN POLICY
Products that have been purchased through the Client Relation Center may be returned for refund or exchanges within thirty (30) days of the date of receipt of the delivery only in accordance with this Article 7.
Products that have NOT been purchased through the Client Relation Center cannot be returned to Jaeger-LeCoultre pursuant to these Conditions of Sale.
We require that You return any product(s) for refund or exchange, in its original packaging in a "new and unused state" with all materials and documents provided, in particular guarantee card, accessories provided with the product if any, etc. with all original protective covers and labeling attached together with the delivery slip and return form duly completed.
"New and unused state" means that there are no marks on the product(s), that all protective materials are in place and that there is no wear on the tags. We do not sell used product(s) and will not accept any product with any indication that it was used.
We only accept returns of Products that have NOT been engraved or modified. Personalized or engraved Products cannot be returned to Jaeger-LeCoultre for refund or exchange.
All product(s) will be subjected to a Jaeger-LeCoultre Quality Control (QC) check on return receipt to ensure that the return products meet these requirements.
If product(s)do not meet QC and cannot therefore be considered as 1st choice, then the product(s) will be refused and the return or exchange will not be accepted. These products will be returned to You (or the Gift Recipient), and no refund will be done.
However, this does not affect the rights You may have in relation to products that are defective, as described in Article 10 below.
We will refund to the original buyer (and not to the Gift Recipient, in case the original buyer is purchasing a Gift for someone ("Gift Recipient")) the price of the product paid by the original buyer, within thirty (30) days from the date of receipt by Jaeger-LeCoultre of the returned product provided that the returned creation has satisfactorily passed Our Quality Control.
We will carry out such reimbursement to the original buyer only and using the same means of payment as used by the original buyer for the initial transaction. If You have used Cash on Delivery to pay for Your order, please call Our Client Relation Center to provide Your bank account information, for Jaeger-LeCoultre to proceed with the refund.
Initial shipping charges if any and Bank Transfer charges will not be refunded, except if the product appears during Quality Control (QC) to have defects caused by Jaeger-LeCoultre.
We will not refund the Gift Recipient or issue credit notes for Gifts for use through the Jaeger-LeCoultre e-boutique or in Jaeger-LeCoultre boutiques.
Should a product be returned by You for exchange of a less expensive product, You will be entitled to receive a refund of the price difference.
Should a product be returned by You or Gift Recipient for exchange for a same priced or more expensive product, You or Gift Recipient will respectively be charged the difference in price.
Jaeger-LeCoultre will send an invoice to You or the Gift Recipient, as applicable, which specifies the price difference to be paid by You or the Gift Recipient, as applicable, or the price difference that You are entitled to receive as refund.
7.4. Return process and costs
If You decide to return a product, please send it back without undue delay and in any event no later than the return period mentioned in Article 7.1.
Products that have been purchased through the Client Relation Center may be returned to the following address:
東京都江東区佐賀2-9-8 ＭＳＣ深川ビル2号館 5Ｆ
Product purchased through Client Relation Center CANNOT be returned to Jaeger-LeCoultre boutiques or at authorized retailers.
Before returning a product to Jaeger-LeCoultre, You will need to call the Client Relation Center to obtain a Return Number (RN) (the communication costs will not be surcharged by Us)。
When contacting the Client Relation Center, You will be asked a number of questions about Yourself and Your order, including Your name, Your Order Reference Number (please refer to Your packing note or Order Confirmation e-mail), description of the product(s) You are exchanging and the reasons for return or exchange.
- i) Fill out the return/exchange form (provided in the delivery package) with Your contact details and the Return Number provided by the Client Relation Center;
- ii) Place the product in its original box and delivery package, together with all materials and documents provided in particular guarantee card, accessories provided with the product with all original protective covers and labeling attached together with the delivery slip and return form duly completed;
- iii) Seal the delivery package ;
- iv) If the cause of the return or exchange is a defect or damaged product, please use the Chakubarai service. In all other cases, please send returns to the address provided by the Client Relations Center;
- v) Call Sagawa to arrange the pick-up of your product.
You must keep a proof of shipment. Jaeger-LeCoultre accepts no liability in the event that such proof cannot be produced. Only products received by the Jaeger-LeCoultre Returns Department will be eligible for a refund, in accordance with these Conditions of Sale.
Upon receiving a return, Jaeger-LeCoultre will verify that the returned product complies with these Conditions of Sale.
An exchanged product will only be sent / a returned product will only be refunded once the original product sent has been received by Us in accordance with Jaeger-LeCoultre’s instructions and has been checked and accepted by QC.
If the cause of the return or exchange is a defective product, You will be required to use a Chakubarai service and costs for returning the product will be paid for by Jaeger-LeCoultre. In all other cases, You will be responsible for any costs incurred in returning the product to Jaeger-LeCoultre.
- 7.1. Conditions
If You are purchasing a Gift for someone ("Gift"), You will be asked whether the invoice should be sent to You by email, or at Your billing address. In the absence of any other instruction from You, We will automatically send You the invoice by email and at Your billing address.
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
10. MANUFACTURER’S GUARANTEE
- 10.1. Jaeger-LeCoultre is extremely cautious in ensuring that each product strictly complies with its quality criteria and that it has passed all controls, both technical and aesthetic.
- 10.2. Selected products are covered by the Jaeger-LeCoultre International Guarantee, which is included with the product into the delivery package. If You wish to repair a product covered by the Jaeger-LeCoultre International Guarantee, please refer to the Jaeger-LeCoultre International Guarantee for more information.
- 10.3. The International Guarantee prevails on guarantee provisions granted by Japanese law.
- 10.4. If You wish to send your product for repair, please bring your product to the Point Of Sale the closest to you. Please, call the Contact center to help you find the closest Point Of Sale in case of repair.
For any repair inquiries, other than defective products, please contact Our Client Relation Center (telephone number and email address indicated on the Website).
12. ACCURACY OF PRICING, PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
- 12.1. While Jaeger-LeCoultre endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information it places on the Website, in advertisements or catalogues or by the Client Relation Center, it makes no guarantees, whether express or implied, in relation to the accuracy, reliability and completeness of such information.
- 12.2. Jaeger-LeCoultre does not confirm the price of a Jaeger-LeCoultre product until an Order Confirmation has been issued by Jaeger-LeCoultre, indicating the existence of a binding sales contract. If a Jaeger-LeCoultre product’s correct price is higher than the price posted on Our Website, then Jaeger-LeCoultre will either contact the customer for instructions before shipping the order or, if Jaeger-LeCoultre cannot obtain Your instructions, We will reject the order and notify You of such rejection.
- 12.3. While every effort will be made to ensure that the descriptions, photographs or graphical representations of the Jaeger-LeCoultre products displayed on the Website or in a catalogue are as accurate as possible, Jaeger-LeCoultre does not warrant that such materials or other content is error-free, whether as a result of inaccuracy, omission, obsolescence or otherwise. Accordingly, the customer’s sole remedy in the event of any such error is to return the product as set forth in Our return policy.
- 13.1. Our total liability to You arising out of or in connection with any act or omission (whether occasioned by the negligence of Jaeger-LeCoultre or its employees or agents or otherwise) relating to the supply of the products in Your order or their use by any consumer or other person, will be limited to the total of sums paid by You in the relevant order for the Products in relation to which the liability has arisen.
- 13.2. Jaeger-LeCoultre will not be liable to You for any damages resulting from any loss of profits, loss of goodwill or loss of business, costs, expenses or for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential loss or damage (whether in an action in contract or tort, and whether occasioned by the negligence of Jaeger-LeCoultre or its employees or agents or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with any act or omission of Jaeger-LeCoultre relating to the supply of the relevant products or their use by any customer, consumer or other person.
- 13.3. Nothing in this Article shall exclude or limit the liability of Jaeger-LeCoultre for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
14. FINAL PROVISIONS
- 14.1.Information and complaints.In case of any complaints please contact Our Client Relation Center at the following address: Jaeger-LeCoultre, Client Relations Center, Hanzomon First Building 1-4 Kojimachi, Chiyoda Ku, Tokyo 102- For further information or complaints, You may also contact the Client Relation Center on the telephone number 0120-79-1833 and email address indicated on the Website.
- 14.3.Severability. In the event that any provision of the Conditions of Sale shall be determined to be partially void or unenforceable by any court and for any reason whatsoever, it shall be void or unenforceable to that extent only and no further, and the validity and enforceability of any of the other provisions of the Conditions of Sale shall not be affected.
- 14.4.Changes. Jaeger-LeCoultre reserves the right at any time to make changes to these Conditions, including without limitation, where necessary as a consequence of any revised laws or regulations. The modified Conditions will take effect for all online customers making purchases on or after the date shown on the new Conditions. Please check back from time to time to ensure You are aware of any changes in Our Conditions.
15. APPLICABLE LAW
These Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Tokyo District Court in first instance. Without any restriction to the right to bring proceedings before a Court, Jaeger-LeCoultre or the customer will first make reasonable efforts for a period of thirty (30) days to resolve amicably any dispute or failure to agree that may arise out of or relate to a Jaeger-LeCoultre product, the Conditions of Sale or any breach thereof.
Date: 17 July 2014